Monday, February 25, 2008

"Love in the club" tho?

Ok class, raise ur hand if u miss Usher! When "Confessions" hit the stores, got slammed in a bag and clicked into my CD player, it created a soundtrack for my "highschool" drama. Then I noticed that I appreciate Usher, not only for his vocals but for his lyrical content. I can relate to almost every song I've heard from him.

Seriously, think about it.
You Don't Have to Call- made u feel superior to ur ex
U Make Me Wanna- everyone has wanted to get with their b/f or g/f's friend, even if it wasn't the same person who hooked yall up.
My Boo- nuff said
Burn- helped u move on
Nice N Slow- had everyone curious, we were too yung to relate (at least my generation was)
U Got It Bad- made u realize jus how much u cared about that special someone
My Way... Yeah... That's What It's Made For?<--- MY SHYT!!

He kinda disappointed me with the last single, but even stars dim... and then they impregnate and marry manly women who already have three kids. love is blind.

Anywho, I just heard this new single from Usher yesterday. This star may have found his shine again. The beat was hot, but being the critical person i am, I questioned "makin love in the club tho? is he serious?" My listening mate (who purposely remains nameless), responded "U've never felt that way?" I replied, "...actually, yes. yes i have" BINGO! Usher has done it again, he wrote a song just for me. sidebar- Jeezy fucked this song up, he's trash

So listening to this song made me think about the times when we( ladies) do go to the club, and spot that one guy who is just glowing. And wen that RIGHT song comes on, u feel like ur in a video, u throw on ur sexy stare and slowly walk towards him "bam, bam, bam". Then... u break him DOWN! to 1. secure those digits, and 2. giv him something he always remember u by. Then he calls and ends up being a self-absorbed asshole, but thats beside the point, bcuz that 1 moment that made ur night was worth it.

1 comment:

B Harg. said...

"Now I walked over to him slowly,
Said I know you don't know me,
But this might be my only...
shot at a tenderoni!"